Meet the enhanced autism teachers!
Enhanced Autism Team
- Multiple Disabilities Teacher
About the Program:
In the Enhanced Autism Classroom, A.B.A. is used to
- modify behaviors,
- teach new skills, and
- prepare students to function as independently as possible.
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) is the application of behavioral principles to shape behaviors and teach new skills. Behaviors are observed and analyzed to determine their function. The antecedents and consequences (events preceding and subsequent to the behavior) are analyzed and manipulated in an effort to shape or change behavior. Skills are broken down into small, discrete steps and taught systematically.
PreK-12 ABA staff provide ongoing training and direct support to school staff to enhance the delivery of services using ABA methodologies. This includes the development and implementation of individualized instructional curricula and behavioral programs.
Many of these students have access to general education inclusion opportunities with special education support.
2022-2023 Enhanced Autism Supply List
- 1 - box sandwich bags with zip closure
- 1 - box gallon bags with zip closure
- 1 - pack thin dry erase markers
- 2 - packs baby wipes
- 3 – boxes of tissues
- Set of extra clothes (labeled)
- 1 - 1/2” white binder pocket front
- 1 - 1” white binder pocket front
- 1 - pack thin washable markers
- Sanitizing wipes (2-3 containers)
- 2 - packs crayons
- 1 – pack thick washable markers
- 1- hard plastic pencil box